By Maureen Cahill
The law library will begin extended hours for Friday and Saturday nights on Friday, April 22. From that day until the end of exams, the library will be open from 7am until 2am M – F and from 8am until 2am Sat and Sun.
The law library provides access to two extensive collections that may help improve your readiness for exams—West Study Aids Hornbook and Nutshell Suite and CALI.
The West study aids can be accessed from the entry page to Westlaw in the Featured Content for Students—the picture is a link into the product. You will have to set up an account the first time you visit the site; but you can use the same user name and password you use for other Westlaw content. The site features hornbooks and other concise explanations of virtually every legal topic. There are even e-flash cards for Torts and Contracts.
CALI (computer assisted legal instruction) hosts hundreds of interactive lessons on more than thirty legal topics, including all first year subjects. Come to either the circulation or reference desk to pick up a card with the web address and UGA authorization code.
By Rachel Evans
Last fall's book repair clinic was such a success that library staff are offerring the service again for a full week this spring! Students and faculty are encouraged to drop off any damaged legal books between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. any day between April 25 - 28. Books can be left at the library’s circulation desk. Please allow our staff 24 hours for repairs to be made and for glue to dry. You will receive an email once your book is ready for pick up.
By Sharon Bradley
- All law students have full access to Bloomberg Law over the summer.
- Bloomberg Law does not have any use restrictions, so you are not only allowed to use Bloomberg Law during your summer employment, but are encouraged to do so.
- Additionally, for the 3Ls who will be graduating and studying for the bar, you have access to your Bloomberg Law accounts for an additional 6 months after graduation.
Email Tara Jackson at TJackson@bna.com with any questions.
- Your Lexis ID will automatically extend for the summer.
- You don’t need to do anything to have access over the summer months.
- You are welcome to use your Lexis IDs for school research, intern or externships or at firms (including paid positions.)
- Graduating 3Ls will have access until after the bar. They also have the option to extend for 6 months afterwards.
- 3L Lexis Points expire on July 1st
Email Mark Thompson at Mark.Thompson@lexisnexis.com with any questions.
- You will need to extend your password for usage in June and July. All passwords are “normal” until May 31st and all goes back to “normal” on August 1.
- You will be getting an email and there will be a banner on the lawschool.westlaw.com home page about Summer Access.
- You can view the Summer Extension form with the information about reasons to extend - summer classes, law review/journal, research assistant, internship/externship for credit-all are reasons to extend. Keep in mind that you can extend at any time during the summer.
- The biggest difference between Westlaw and other vendors-if you are working at a law firm, you will need to get a Westlaw password for that firm.
- You will need to extend your passwords if you want to use Westlaw after May 31st. All May graduates have full access until May 31st
- Once you have extended, you will get 60 hours of usage each month until November 2016. Once you exhaust your 60 hours in the month of June, your access will be denied until July 1 when you receive 60 hours for use during the month of July.
- Although you can extend at any time, usage will stop in November 2016. So for example if you extend in October, you will get 60 hours in October and 60 hours in November.
- You will get an email and there will be a banner on lawschool.westlaw.com home page (only graduates will see the graduate banner). Direct link for the extension.
Email Sue Moore at email@example.com with any questions.
By TJ Striepe
The Law Library provides alumni of UGA Law free access to HeinOnline’s Journal Library. This includes over 1,800 titles in 90 different subject areas. All graduates should be sure to take advantage of this valuable resource. You can access this through the Law School’s alumni/alumnae portal at http://www.law.uga.edu/cgi-bin/alumni/portal/home.pl.
By Zanada Joyner
Many thanks to our graduating student workers without whom we would be unable to provide exceptional knowledge services, resources and expertise to the law school community.
Warmest congratulations on your graduation! Wishing you continued success in the future.
- Gary Ashcroft
- Danni Brancaccio
- Mical Carter
- Sarah Darden
- Kevin Davis
- Amble Johnson
- Meghan Jones
- Erin Peterson
- Brittany Sumpter
- Michelle Tang
- Na'Tasha Webb-Prather
By Anne Burnett
Farrah is an energetic and intelligent 5 year old Australian Cattle Dog mix belonging to 3L Greg Steele and his wife. She was connected to her people through another 3L, Sarah Halstead.
All members of the Law School Community (students, faculty and staff) are invited to submit a photo for possible selection as the Law Dawg. The featured entry for each issue will be selected at random from all entries received. Please note that honorary Law Dawgs (i.e. those of the feline, equine, porcine, avian, etc. persuasion) are eligible as well. Please send your Law Dawg photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.