4th Annual Trademark Works-in-Progress Colloquium at American
4th Annual Trademark Works-in-Progress Colloquium at American University. The event will take place on November 13-14, 2015.
· The two day event will be dedicated to discussing works in progress on any topic in trademark law. Papers should be in progress and not fully developed. Articles already submitted for publication are not ideal.
· Participants agree to read all of the papers in advance. Each paper gets an hour, with the presenter taking no more than 10 minutes to situate the project followed by 50 minutes of discussion.
· This format works best with a small number of committed participants. Therefore, we will aim for 10 papers.
· You can also choose to participate as a dedicated commentator.
· We will also be running a Patent WIP concurrently. As a result, we will be able to combine the groups for all meals.
· Participants fund their own travel and lodging. We have negotiated a good room rate at a nearby hotel.
· American University will provide two lunches, breakfast and a dinner as well as meeting space. There is no registration fee.
· We start at noon on Friday the 13th (oooh!) with lunch, and will finish up in the early afternoon on Saturday the 14th.
· Please request a paper slot by submitting a draft emailed to me by October 23rd.
· If you would like to participate as a dedicated commentator, please let me know.
Please contact me if you have any questions. I look forward to hopefully seeing you in DC in November!
Christine Haight Farley