The AIDA Europe Scientific Committee, comprising Prof. Dr. Pierpaolo Marano and Dr. Kyriaki Noussia, invites the submission of academic papers for the VIIth AIDA Europe Conference to be held in Warsaw, Poland on 12-13/4/2018.
This conference will bring legal scholars and practitioners together, so as to explore and discuss legal and regulatory developments and issues emerging from innovations in the realm of technology applied to (re)insurance, i.e. 'InsurTech'. Invited speakers will present papers which will provide insights into the legal developments affecting both (re)insurance communities and society in Europe and in other jurisdictions. The goal is to provide information on recent developments in the field of InsurTech law and regulation and in doing so to also provide a forum for debating and developing the law and policy in this newly emerging legal field.
SELECTED PAPERS from the area of InsurTech will be published in a book edited by Prof. Pierpaolo Marano, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Milan, Italy and Dr. Kyriaki Noussia, University of Exeter, UK. The book will be included in the soon to be established AIDA Europe Research Series on Insurance Law and Regulation and will be published from a renowned publisher.
AIDA SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE AWARD FOR YOUNG AUTHORS:
The AIDA Europe Scientific Committee also invites students and young academics/practitioners who are no more than 35 years old, to submit their abstracts of prospective papers for potential selection. A small number of top ranking papers will be selected for presentation at the Warsaw Conference and their authors will be invited to the Conference. Invitees shall be awarded the costs of flight (economy airfare) plus the costs of up to two nights’ accommodation.
PAPER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
We welcome theoretical, empirical and policy-oriented papers. We invite legal academics (including Ph.D. students) and legal practitioners to submit their manuscripts on a topic that explores an aspect of InsurTech law and regulation, including, but not limited to:
- Blockchain and (re)insurance processes and payments including smart contracts;
- Peer-to-peer Insurance and Digital Distribution;
- Internet of Things, Big Data, Product Oversight Governance;
- Robot Advisors, Robot Brokers;
- Data Protection, Cloud Computing, Cyber Risks;
- Driverless Cars, Unmanned ships, Drones and Insurance regulation;
- Human rights aspects and implications for the users of driverless cars (else Autonomous Vehicles), Unmanned Ships and Drones;
- Insurance Contract Law considerations for consumers who are users of driverless cars (else Autonomous Vehicles), Unmanned Ships and Drones;
- Internet of Things and Insurance Products;
- Sharing Economy and Insurance;
- The intersection of InsurTech with other subjects and areas of law (e.g. risk management, actuarial, economics, accounting, sociology, real estate, criminal law, etc.);
- Developments in the legal profession, cognitive computing tools and solutions.
All abstracts and papers should be in English. Final paper shall have a word limit of 30,000 words (including footnotes).
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE:
The deadline to submit an abstract of 1-2 pages is 30/10/2017.
The deadline for the notification of acceptance is 1511/2017.
The deadline to submit the completed version of the papers is 30/6/2018
Please send your submission (abstract and if selected completed paper) by email to:
- Professor Pierpaolo Marano at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and
- Dr. Kyriaki Noussia at the e-mail address: email@example.com
AIDA Europe (International Association of Insurance Law) was established in 2007 as a non-profit organization with the aim of promoting, either directly or through its members, the development of insurance and related law. AIDA Europe organizes conferences, which offer a platform for an open and solution minded dialogue on key developments in the area of insurance, reinsurance and related law also supporting its members in their respective endeavours. Conferences are open to all stakeholders and are indeed attracting representatives from all areas such as the insurance sector, academia, private practice, regulatory authorities or the law making. AIDA Europe also maintains a keen focus on supporting the development of young academic talents by sponsoring academic work and by inviting young academics to its conferences. AIDA Europe conferences represent a unique platform as they are also combined with the working meetings of the AIDA Working Parties. Further information on AIDA Europe can be obtained from the AIDA Europe Website at - http://www.aida.org.uk/AIDAEurope.asp