Ninth Annual INTA Trademark Scholarship Symposium
May 22, 2018
140th INTA Annual Meeting
The International Trademark Association (“INTA”) is pleased to host the Ninth Annual Trademark Scholarship Symposium during the 140th INTA Annual Meeting in Seattle, Washington. The annual meeting is scheduled to take place May 19-23, 2018, and the Symposium itself will be held on Tuesday, May 22, 2018. The symposium is an opportunity for trademark academics and scholarship-minded practitioners from around the world to participate in small group discussions of scholarly works-in-progress.
Each selected participant will present their project in a workshop setting, receive comments, and engage in a dialogue with other academic scholars and accomplished trademark practitioners.
How to Participate
Please send an abstract (approximately 300 words) describing a current trademark, unfair competition, right of publicity or related rights scholarship project to Peter Karol at firstname.lastname@example.org Tara Aaron at email@example.com by October 31, 2017. The subcommittee will then select a maximum of 8 projects to be presented at the Symposium, grouped into related topics or themes. Selections will be announced by January 30, 2018. For each selected project, a working draft of the paper (10-20 pages) must be submitted by March 15, 2018. There is no publication obligation. Papers should be written in the English language.
Participants will receive complimentary registration to the conference. The Academic Series includes an all-professor panel, a trademark professor luncheon, a reception, and other networking opportunities. Additional expenses are the speaker’s responsibility. For INTA membership and Annual Meeting registration information, please contact Kensey Cybul: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Symposium is initially organized by the 2016-2017 INTA Trademark Scholarship Symposium Subcommittee of the INTA Academic Committee:
- Megan M. Carpenter, Chair of the Academic Committee, University of New Hampshire School of Law
- Giulio Martellini, Vice-Chair of the Academic Committee, Attorney, IP|Skill
- Peter J. Karol, co-Chair of the Trademark Scholarship Symposium, New England Law | Boston
- Tara Aaron, co-Chair of the Trademark Scholarship Symposium, Principal, Aaron Sanders PLLC
- Mark McKenna, Notre Dame Law School
- Eduardo Pacheco, Director, M&P Abogados
- Barbarita Guzman, Partner, Markven Propiedad Intelectual, S.C.