Call For Papers
Yale Program in Financial Stability: The Financial Crisis Ten Years Afterwards
02 Aug 2018 - 03 Aug 2018, Yale School of Management
The Yale Program in Financial Stability and the Review of Financial Studies will host a conference on August 2-3, 2018. The conference will take place at the Yale School of Management. The conference theme is "The Financial Crisis Ten Years Afterwards."
TOPICS: Papers are invited for submission on this broad theme, including:
- What has been learned since the crisis?
- What were the causes of the crisis?
- What is the "shadow banking" system?
- Were the central banks' responses effective?
- Are the post-crisis Basel and legal initiatives going to prevent another crisis?
- The roles of incentives and bonuses in risk-taking?
Proposals must be received by May 15, 2018. Co-sponsorship with the Review of Financial Studies means that authors have a chance to submit to the journal via a dual-submission option: one submission type is for the conference program only, the other allows for possible invitation by the editors. The co-chairs for the conference are Yale University's Gary Gorton and Andrew Metrick and the sponsoring editors representing the RFS are Itay Goldstein, and Andrew Karolyi.
PROGRAM COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Bo Becker, Stockholm School of Economics
- Markus Brunnermeier, Princeton University
- Isil Erel, Fisher College of Business
- Stefano Giglio, Yale School of Management
- Austan Goolsbee, University of Chicago's Booth School of Business
- Sam Hanson, Harvard Business School
- Victoria Ivashina, Harvard Business School
- Benjamin Keys, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Arvind Krishnamurthy, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Amiyatosh Purnanandam, Michigan Ross
- David Scharfstein, Harvard Business School
- Philipp Schnabl, NYU Stern School of Business
- Kelly Shue, Yale School of Management
- Adi Sunderam, Harvard Business School
- Alexander Zentefis, Yale School of Management
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Submit an electronic version of the paper in PDF format no later than May 15, 2018 through the conference web page. (The submission window will be open January 26, 2018.) Paper selection will be finalized by June 2018.
REVIEW OF FINANCIAL STUDIES DUAL SUBMISSION OPTION: Submissions to the conference can also be submitted to the Review of Financial Studies under its dual review system, with the same submission deadline of May 15, 2018. Authors must indicate on the conference submission website whether they are interested to have their paper considered under this dual review option with the RFS that works as follows:
- There is no charge for submissions under this program.
- Dual submissions will be reviewed by the conference program committee and will be made available for consideration by the sponsoring RFS editors.
- Papers submitted for dual consideration must not be under review at another journal or the RFS, including as a dual-submission at another journal, nor can they be considered for dual submission if previously rejected by the RFS.
- At the discretion of the conference's sponsoring editors of the RFS, dual submissions will be sent out for a formal referee report. If such a report is sought, then the paper's author will receive a copy of the RFS reviewer's report.
- Papers rejected at any stage of the dual review process are not considered to have been "rejected" at the RFS. This also applies to articles sent out for formal review. Thus authors are permitted to submit a future version of their paper (unchanged, if they wish) to the RFS without prejudice.
- While under consideration by the conference and the RFS, a paper may not be submitted to another journal (or the RFS) until the author has been notified.