Law Library Services During Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Patrons can drop off library materials using the book drop located on the sidewalk outside of the library entrance. Most of our services and resources are available virtually. Review a description of our virtual services below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Law Library is open with a modified schedule. View public hours, which differ from Law School Community Hours. Spring semester 2020 hours for the Law School Community are:
Please review the Law School's COVID-19 F.A.Q. webpage before visiting.
Virtual reference assistance is available Monday through Friday, from 9 AM to 5 PM. Services include email, video conference, and chat. Please contact email@example.com for more information or to schedule a consultation.
If you have questions related to course reserves, borrowing or returning materials please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For most regular circulating items, we encourage you to use the "item request" webform. Items will be checked out for you, and you will be notfied to pick them up at a table near the circulation desk. Please return all items at the drop box outside the library entrance. All regular items will be quarantined for 72 hours.
Most faculty services will continue to be provided virtually. Individual teleconference or videoconference research consultations can be scheduled by appointment through email@example.com. If you need assistance related to your course, eLC, Zoom access or any other resources to support remote learning preparations,various law school and library team members are available to help. Please use the resources found below, visit our faculty resource guide, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the study aids linked below, the library alongside faculty have created a guide related for Take-Home Exams. It includes information specific to study groups with ideas for how to meet virtually and making spending study time effectively.
West Academic Study Aids Online (Ongoing Access via the Law Library) access several study aid series including: Acing series, Black Letter Outlines, Career Guides, Nutshells, Law Stories series, Concise Hornbook/Hornbook series, Law School Legends Audio series and Sum and Substance Audio series.
- Go to: https://0-subscription.westacademic.com.gavel.law.uga.edu/
- Click on Create an Account
- After you have made an account or if you already have an account you can go to directly to https://subscription.westacademic.com and Sign In with your West Academic Study Aids Account. This way you will not have to use the UGA authentication every time.
- For more assistance see these Guides for Access per Browser: Firefox, Safari
- CALI (Ongoing Access via the Law Library) provides access to more than 1,000 interactive tutorials on legal topics.
As a convenience to students, the library purchases 1 print copy of each required textbook for courses taught each semester. Unfortunately, this fall semester there will be limited options for textbook access since print resources must be quarantined for 72 hours after use. Course reserves will be in person on a first come, first serve basis and due 1 hour before the library closes. The library will purchase extra copies of the more heavily used textbooks, but with the quarantine requirements access to textbooks will be more restricted than during a regular semester.
- Research or Reference Assistance (Chat Service) | email@example.com
- Faculty Request for Adding Course Reserves | firstname.lastname@example.org | 706-542-1923
- Search and Access Course Reserves | email@example.com | 706-542-1923
- Law School I.T. Support | firstname.lastname@example.org | 706-542-0895
- TWEN Support | 1-800-850-9378
- Faculty Resources Guide
- Online Teaching Resources
- Take-Home Exams Guide | Study Groups
- Research Guides
- A to Z Database List