Policy/Law & Governance
Research Chairs in Policy, Law, and Governance (6 Awards)- US$25,000 for 4 months
Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Global Governance, Balsillie School of International Affairs
- Specializations: conflict and security; environment and resources; global political economy; migration, mobilities and social policies; multilateral institutions; and science and health policies.
Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Political and Constitutional Theory, McGill University
- Specializations: Political theory, political science, history of political thought, constitutionalism, constitutional interpretation, judicial review, jurisprudence.
Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Governance and Public Administration, University of Ottawa
- Specializations: Contemporary public policy, governance and public administration.
Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Human Rights and Social Justice, University of Ottawa
- Specializations: Domestic and international human rights and social justice issues.
Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Science and Society, University of Ottawa
- Specializations: Science, technology and society; science and innovation policy; science/policy interface; energy/energy technology policy; and technology governance.
Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Public Management, Public Policy, or International Trade, University of Saskatchewan
- Specializations: Public health and social policy, innovation policy, resource and environmental policy, and public sector management.
North American Studies
Research Chairs in North American Studies (3 Awards)- US$25,000 for 4 months
Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Transnational Studies, Brock University
- Specializations: Writing across borders; transnational cultures; languages, citizenship, and migration, including approaches to Indigenous populations and cultures; histories of the cross-border region; border studies; Canadian-American relations; and the image of Canada abroad.
Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Canada-U.S. Relations, Carleton University NPSIA
- Specializations: Canada-US economic relations, Canada-US security cooperation, Conflict studies, Foreign policy, Security and defence Studies, Terrorism and international security.
Fulbright Canada Research Chair in North American Politics, Carleton University
- Specializations: North American politics with a focus on any of the political, security, military, economic, social or cultural dimensions of Canada-U.S. relations.
Business & Management
1. Distinguished Research Chairs at Carleton University (1 Award) - US$50,000 for an academic year (9 months)
Fulbright Canada Distinguished Chair in Entrepreneurship, Carleton University
- Specializations: Entrepreneurial strategies, start-ups, marketing, private-public partnerships, technology, economic and social entrepreneurship, enhancing institutional frameworks.
2. Research Chairs in Business and Economics (3 Awards)- US$25,000 for 4 months
Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Business and Management, Queen’s University
- Specializations: Any academic business discipline, such as behavioral, management or financial accounting, finance, international business, marketing, management information systems, managerial economics, management science, organizational behavior and/or theory.
Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Business, University of Alberta
- Specializations: Marketing, strategy, organization and management of information systems.
Fulbright Canada Research Chair in the Environment and Economy, University of Ottawa
- Specializations: Environment and economy, environment policy, economic policy, environmentally sustainable economy.
Eligibility for these awards require the candidate to meet the minimum requirements mentioned below:
- Be U.S. citizens (Permanent residence is not sufficient).
- Hold a PhD or equivalent professional/terminal degree as appropriate.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be in compliance with all J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) guidelines.
- Be in compliance with all governmental regulations regarding visas, immigration, travel and residency.
- Applications accepted until September 16, 2019
For a more comprehensive overview of the application process please access this link.