Call for papers Unpacking Economic and Social Rights: International and Comparative Dimensions Göttingen, Germany (9-10 November 2018)
We are pleased to announce that the joint research project of the Institute of International and European Law of the University of Göttingen and the Minerva Center for Human Rights at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem Faculty of Law will be holding a conference in November 2018 in Göttingen, Germany under the title “Unpacking Economic and Social Rights: International and Comparative Dimensions”.
The conference is a culmination of a joint research project directed by Prof. Tomer Broude and Prof. Andreas L. Paulus and examines economic and social rights from a comparative perspective, looking at German, Israeli and European legal systems and their respective constitutional, legislative and jurisprudential experiences, as well as the universal human rights framework under the auspices of the United Nations.
In addition to this call, Prof. Paulus and Prof. Broude, junior researchers of the project and associate and invited scholars will present their research at the conference. Scholars who work on economic and social rights are invited to submit abstracts (up to 2 pages). The proceedings of the conference and papers presented will be published in the Goettingen Journal of International Law.
Papers that address aspects of the research areas listed below and that explore the implications of current political and legal developments and challenges to legal approaches on the implementation of economic and social rights are encouraged.
- the role of courts and tribunals in the enforcement of economic and social rights
- the politics of enforcing economic and social rights
- recent developments and innovative approaches on the implementation of economic and social rights
- philosophical and theoretical foundations of economic and social Rights
- relationship between economic and social rights and other legal fields such as international economic law, dispute settlement or civil and political rights
Deadline for submission of Abstracts: 1 June 2018. Accepted proposals will be notified by 1 July 2018. Full papers due for submission by 1 November 2018. For queries and clarifications – please contact email@example.com