Call for Papers: Emerging Dilemmas in Entertainment Law: Resolving Technology’s New Ethical Concerns
Call for Abstracts:
We are proud to announce that the annual symposium sponsored by the Whittier Law Review, entitled Emerging Dilemmas in Entertainment Law: Resolving Technology’s New Ethical Concerns, will be heldNovember 11, 2016 at Whittier Law School in Costa Mesa, California. This symposium is offered jointly with Whittier Law School’s Center for Intellectual Property Law.
We invite you to submit abstracts (of 500 words or less) on themes related to the symposium topic. Areas of particular interest may include:
- Legal and ethical issues facing documentarians in the age of social media
- Compensation structures for music delivery
- Markets for live performance tickets in the age of ticket bots
- Ethical perspectives on social media, privacy, and rights of publicity
- Changing conceptions of fame and creativity
- Other topics related to the intersection of entertainment law, ethics, intellectual property, and information technology policy.
Please submit abstracts electronically to email@example.com no later than September 15, 2016. Selected presentations will be notified by September 26, 2016. Please provide a curriculum vitae and a cover letter along with an abstract submission. Travel assistance funds will be available for participants without institutional support. Accepted papers will be strongly considered for publication in the Whittier Law Review’s symposium issue.
Submissions are also strongly encouraged from scholars who cannot attend the symposium event but wish to publish on the symposium topic.
For additional information, please do not hesitate to contact the Whittier Law Review Symposium Editor, Nevra Azerkan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendance is free. To register without presenting, please contact the Whittier Law Review Symposium Editor, Nevra Azerkan, at email@example.com.
- Abstract submission deadline: September 15, 2016
- Notification of acceptance: September 26, 2016
- Symposium: November 11, 2016