- Conference Website: https://cardozo.yu.edu/programs-centers/intellectual-property-information-law-program/roundtable-empirical-methods-ip-2018
- Application Deadline: March 5, 2018
- Notification of Acceptances: March 16, 2018
- Project Description Deadline: April 13, 2018
The fifth annual Roundtable on Empirical Methods in Intellectual Property will take place at Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law on May 4-5, 2018. Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, Cardozo School of Law and the United States Patent & Trademark Office will co-host the event.
The roundtable gives scholars engaging in empirical and experimental studies of IP a chance to receive feedback on their work at an early stage in their research. Accordingly, the roundtable is limited to a small cohort of scholars who discuss projects that are still in their developmental stages. Projects that have substantially begun data collection by the time of the roundtable are inappropriate. Pilot data collection is, however, appropriate.
The roundtable will be organized around a modest number of projects. Each project presenter will be expected to circulate a description of the project of no more than 10 pages by April 13, 2018. Each project will be assigned to an expert commenter and will be allotted 45 minutes of discussion by the attendees.
Applications from scholars in the social sciences and law are welcomed. Travel and lodging support for presenters is provided.
Applications are due by March 5, 2018. Applicants will be notified by March 16, 2018.
To apply to present at the workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Institutional Affiliation
- Title of Project
- Description of Project (<750 words) including the issues to be addressed and the empirical methods to be employed.
- Acknowledgement that the project will not have reached data collection by the time of the
From IP And IT Conferences