Notre Dame Law School sponsors an annual writing competition on the topic of legal ethics. All students with an interest in legal ethics are invited and encouraged to participate.
- The competition is open to all law students at U.S. and Canadian law schools.
- Entries should concern any issue within the general category of legal ethics.
- Entries must be original, unpublished work.
- Entries must be a minimum of 5,000 words and a maximum of 15,000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- Coauthored essays may be submitted.
- Submissions will be judged by Notre Dame Law School faculty.
- A prize of $2,500 will be awarded for one winning entry.
- All entries must be received before 5 p.m., Wednesday, June 1, 2022.
- Include cover letter with contact information and name of current law school. All entries should be submitted to:
Smith-Doheny Legal Ethics Writing Competition
Notre Dame Law School
P.O. Box 780
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556