Steering Group Meetings
- The Steering Group meets every two weeks.
- Responsibility for leading the Steering Group rotates among the members and is assigned at the beginning of each calendar year
- Minute-taking is assigned to an individual not responsible for leading the meeting and also rotates among Steering Group members.
- Generally the individual assigned as minute-taker will be assigned as leader of the consecutive meeting.
Role of the Steering Group Leader
- Solicit agenda items 48 hours in advance of each regularly scheduled meeting.
- Prioritize and prepare agenda for order of discussion using the official meeting template from the library intranet page.
Distribute meeting agenda via the staff listserv to all library staff members by 10am of the business day proceeding the meeting
- Include as attachments or web links any documents referred to in the agenda
- Call the meeting to order on time
Monitor progress on the agenda during the meeting
- Steer discussion back to the scope of the agenda item
- In the interest of time, continue unfinished items to the next meeting
- Challenge other attendees to contribute to the discussion, to clarify or support their statements, and to recognize statements that do not positively contribute to the discussion.
- Officially close the meeting
Last Revised: May 2012