Georgia Women Run!
Registration for this event is closed.
Georgia Law will present “Georgia Women Run!” from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, February 4, in the Larry Walker Room on the fourth floor of the law school’s Dean Rusk Hall, on UGA’s North Campus. The half-day event will feature a diverse group of state and local officials, who will discuss their experiences running for and holding elected office. Confirmed participants include:
- Georgia State Representative Stacey Godfrey Evans (JD 2003), who will provide opening remarks
- DeKalb County District Attorney Sherry Boston
- Georgia State Representative Dar’shun Kendrick (JD 2007)
- Judge Carla Wong McMillian (JD 1998), Georgia Court of Appeals
- Chief Judge Kathy S. Palmer (JD 1979), Superior Court of the Middle Judicial Circuit of Georgia
- Georgia State Representative Regina Quick (JD 1987)
- Mayor Teresa Tomlinson, Columbus Consolidated Government
Following opening remarks and a panel discussion, audience members will have the opportunity to talk with the invited panelists in smaller group discussions, organized in accordance with the audience members’ interests.
This event is part of our law school’s ongoing initiative, Georgia WILL (Georgia Women in Law Lead). It began in August with a celebration of the centenary date on which the legislature authorized women to practice law in Georgia, and has continued with lectures by Georgia Law alumnae and other prominent women; among them, a federal judge, a former U.N. High Commissioner of Human Rights, and a corporate general counsel.
This event is co-sponsored by the Women Law Students Association and the Georgia Association for Law and Politics.