Ground Rules for Steering Group Meetings
To make our work in the Steering Committee as effective as possible, we all agree to:
- Arrive on time at each meeting.
- Begin the meeting on time.
- Turn off cell phones and pagers, or set them to 'manner mode' , if it is absolutely essential to remain available.
- End each meeting at one hour and 15 minutes, unless the group agrees to extend the meeting.
- Participate actively.
- Bring all relevant issues to the group.
- Appreciate all issues and ideas as important.
- Share all relevant information.
- Test assumptions and inferences; be willing to be challenged and influenced.
- Deliver and respond to statements, questions and actions with respect and consideration.
- Discuss “undiscussable” issues.
- Explain the reasoning and intent behind statements, questions, and actions; avoid broad generalizations; use specific examples; agree on what important words mean.
- Keep discussion focused.
- Be patient with the process and with one another.
- Support and accept responsibility for the work of the group.
- Be willing to have fun, find renewal and satisfaction.
Approved: September 4, 2001
Last Revised: January 12, 2005