Library Service to People with Disabilities
The Law Library seeks to provide all patrons with equal access to library resources. To realize this goal, we offer patrons with disabilities the following services:
- Accessible parking available in the parking lot of the Main Library and in the North Deck;
- Main entrance has a level threshold;
- Entry doors open automatically;
- Elevators have print and Braille control panels;
- Bathrooms are wheelchair-accessible;
- Stack aisles are wide enough to accommodate wheelchairs.
- The Law School is committed to following the USG Web Accessibility Guidelines and continues to improve and to monitor the web content under its control.
- If you are having trouble accessing web-based resources, please let us know by contacting the law school help desk by email or by phone: 706-542-0895.
Staff Assistance in the Law Library:
- Individual library orientation tours;
- Book/journal retrieval;
- Photocopy assistance;
- Reference assistance.
Note: Advance notice of your visit will speed up assistance and help library staff coordinate work between departments. Please call 542-1923 if you need special accommodations.
Members of the UGA community needing access to balcony or basement levels may check out an elevator key. Non-UGA members will be assisted to the desired level; those with cell phones will be given the desk number to call when they have completed their research. Those without cell phones will specify time intervals when they would like library staff to return.
Telephone and Electronic Assistance:
- Checkout renewals: 542-1923
- Email Reference Service
- Telephone Reference: 542-6591
- TDD line: not currently available
- Campus buses;
- Lift- equipped vans: 542-7183 or 369-6266.
Adaptive equipment:(Request at Circulation Desk)
- Accessible workstation in Annex lab
Other useful telephone numbers:
- Library hours information - 542-1923
- Disability Resource Center - 542-8719
Please feel free to ask for assistance from anyone who works in the library. Your suggestions for improved services are always appreciated.
Last review: March 2016