Student/LBCLR Worker Payrate & Pay Increases
When the Law Library has the ability to determine pay rates, the Library will:
- Pay 15-20% above minimum wage as the starting pay rate for Student/LBCLR workers.
- Offer new workers with previous library experience an additional $0.25 per hour (“previous library experience” is defined as having eight months of full-time library work or sixteen months of part-time library work)
The Law Library strives to reward Student/LBCLR workers for longevity and quality of service to the Library by increasing their pay rate after two semesters of employment.
- Only students and LBCLRs who have worked in the Law Library for 2 semesters and have been recommended for an increase by their supervisor are eligible.
- Any pay increase will be given in accordance with University pay increase rates and schedules.
- During years with budget cuts, the Library may not award any raises.
- Students and LBCLRs must be hired within the first four weeks of a semester to have that semester's work count towards time worked towards the raise.
Last revised: April 2012